This privacy notice has been written to help you understand why we ask for your personal information when you use the New Zealand Study website, and how we’ll use this information. This policy applies to website users. Website users refers to: registered users; visitors responding to marketing communications and all other visitors to the site.
This website is governed by, and is to be interpreted in accordance with, New Zealand law. Any claims or disputes concerning this website will be resolved by the New Zealand courts. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we’ll not be liable for any failure of this website to comply with the laws of any other country.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information from our users. We will ask for this information to help with account creation, tailoring the site experience and applying to education providers.
- First and last name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Highest Current Qualification
- English Language Score
- Financial Situation for study
We use site usage statistics to improve the information and experience of the site, such as:
- users' IP address(es)
- users' search terms
- pages accessed on this site, and the time they were accessed
- previous sites visited
- users' operating systems
- browsers and plugins with which users access the site
You will need to register to the New Zealand Study website to use the full feature-set of the site. By having your own account, New Zealand Study can tailor the experience for you offering a better service than if an account was not required.
- We send emails to users with advice to help them manage their journey into overseas study, as well as notifying users of surveys and promotions.
- When a user provides information about their future study, we tailor course suggestions that fits the users provided information.
Cookies help us:
- Understand preferences and user details for personalised future user experience and tailor information that users will find most interesting.
- Keep track of digital marketing.
- Learn about the traffic to the site and interactions that take place to improve the overall experience of New Zealand Study.
Users can choose to have their computer warn them each time a cookie is being sent, or choose to turn them off completely. This can be done through a web browser in the settings. By disabling cookies, some features of New Zealand Study that optimise a user’s experience will be disabled and some services will not function properly.
Access to the personal data we may hold about you
For those who have supplied their personal contact information, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that we have stored, or to request correction of such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at [email protected] We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Disclosure of personal information
We won’t disclose your personal information without your consent unless required by law.
Links to other websites
On our website, there are external links to other sites. This privacy notice does not cover externally linked sites. We suggest that you read the privacy statements of these websites you visit.